The Colorado Springs lawyers at Anderson & Travis have put together the following list of resources and links to help you in navigating the legal issue(s) you face. Facing any legal issue can be overwhelming and intimidating, but information is power. So, peruse these links for a wealth of information. You'll find the following sections:
Colorado Government & Courts
- Colorado Courts OnLine: Information on the Colorado court system to help you better understand the Colorado state justice system and Colorado law.
- 4th Judicial District Courts: Find out about judges search records, pay fines, and access a self help center that provides information and forms on a wide range of subjects including Divorce, Child Support, Domenstic Violence, Wage Assignment, Mediaion, and Victim's Rights.
- Office of the District Attorney (Colorado Springs): Useful information from the Colorado Springs DA's office, including victim/witness assistance and scam alerts.
- Law Enforcement Agencies: Find links to Colorado police and sheriff departments.
- Colorado Government Online: Links to Colorado state government programs.
- State & Local Governments Online: The State and Local Government on the Net Directory provides convenient one-stop access to the websites of thousands of state agencies and city and county governments.
- Colorado Government & Organization Links: Comprehensive set of links put together by the Colorado Municipal League.
- City of Colorado Springs: Provides comprehensive city information, as well as links to many local resources.
- Office of the Staff Judge Advocate (SJA) Fort Carson: A military legal information portal, sponsored by the Fort Carson Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, to inform military members on personal legal affairs and preventive law. For more military law, check out the Army Judge Advocate General's Military Legal Portal.
- Colorado Bankruptcy Court: Home page of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado.
- American Bar Association: Provides resources, help, and publications for the public.
- El Paso County Bar: Provides resources for the public and for members of the El Paso County Bar Association, including an attorney search page.
- Colorado Bar Association: Provides information to find a Colorado attorney, where to go for help, and publications for non-lawyers.
Get Started Now!
- Office of Dispute Resolution: Find answers to frequently asked questions on mediation and dispute resolution.
- Legal Research: Find Colorado and federal court opinions online.
- Law Guru: Conduct legal research, search previously posted questions and answers, or ask free questions.
- Findlaw: More than enough legal links to keep you busy.
- Defense Finance & Accounting Service: Contacts for finance and accounting services for military and government civilian employees.
- Colorado Courts Self Help Center: Learn about Colorado Rules & Laws, case filing requirements, available services in Colorado & general information to assist you in representing yourself in court matters.
- 4th Judicial District Self Help Center: The Self Help Center serves El Paso and Teller Counties and provides resource information on a variety of legal matters, including sealing records, getting legal help, parenting classes, CASA exchange programs, counseling and therapy, and pro-se clinics that provide free help for those filing for divorce and custody. Click Here for forms available from the Self Help Center.
- ADR Resources: This mediation and dispute resolution resources site contains substantial on-line materials for alternative dispute resolution and mediation.
- Law.com: One-stop legal center for the public seeking self-help, for businesses, legal professionals, and law students.
- Legal Engine.com: Your starting point for legal information on the net.
- LegalZoom.com: LegalZoom is the leading online legal service center to help you take care of common legal matters, including purchasing legal forms.
- Legal Dictionary: Type in your legal term and find out what it means.
- Legal Dictionary: Researched, written in plain language and provided free of charge by lawyer Lloyd Duhaime.
- Colorado Legal Services: Helping low-income Coloradans find solutions to civil legal problems.
- NoLo: Law For All: Everyday law for everyday people. Check out their Legal Encyclopedia, Legal Dictionary, and Legal Updates.
For more information, get started now or contact a Colorado Springs lawyer at Anderson & Travis - 1.888.547.5011 or 719.520.5011.
Experience That Works For You!
2010-2013 Anderson & Travis L.L.C.
Anderson & Travis serves clients in the Colorado Springs area and throughout southern Colorado, including Manitou Springs, Monument, Palmer Lake, Castle Rock, Fountain, Security, Pueblo, Canon City, Falcon, Parker, Calhan, Peyton, Larkspur, Woodland Park, Cripple Creek, and Divide, as well as all cities within El Paso County, Teller County, Pueblo County, Freemont County, and Douglas County. We represent civilians as well as military personnel, including those at Fort Carson, Peterson Air Force Base, Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, Schriever Air Force Base, and the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA).